Wednesday 25 November 2009

Anglicanism...

I was thinking recently about the Anglican Ecclesial Community; and I cam to the conclusion that there are those that believe in God, and those that don't... (this might be slightly uncharitable.)

So let us look at the 'leaders' shall we?


H.M. the Queen.
Supreme Governor of the ''Church'' of England

Dr. Rowan Williams
'Archbishop of Canterbury'

Now we've seen a picture of them (the Queen in state regalia and Rowan Williams in fancy dress) let us look at what they have to say... I shall focus on speeches which people might perceive as controversial;

H.M. the Queen: "I hope, that like me you will be comforted by the example of Jesus of Nazareth, who often in circumstances of great adversity manged to live an outgoing and sacrificial life ... he makes it clear that genuine human happiness and satisfaction lie more in giving than receiving, more in serving than in being served." (Christmas Message 2008)

Dr. Rowan Williams: All I have to do is mention what he said about Sharia Law and how the adoption of it is unavoidable.

Who's the better Christian? In *my* opinion it is Her Majesty, who, staying true to her coronation vow has defended the faith.

No comments: