Tuesday 8 June 2010

Apologies!

Sincere apologies readers for my absence! I have no excuse apart from that of laziness! Well, that and the fact I've been busy recently, work, uni, mountain climbing etc...

It has been well over a month since I last blogged and I think its pretty safe to say a lot has happened! I could not write a blog without congratulating our new Prime Minister, the Rt Hon. David Cameron MP. I pray that he and his cabinet with breath fresh air into what was a dead and decaying governmental system!

As well as this we (in Cardiff) had the last Mass of his Grace, Archbishop Peter Smith. It was a sad affair for all and his last Mass was on Pentecost Sunday during which he confirmed 14 youngsters from St Johns College (the Cathedral choir school).

As previously mentioned I've been climbing mountains, three mountains are worthy of mention. Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon. Alas we didn't climb them in the 24hr challenge, instead we allowed ourselves some rest (drink and food) and we did them on three separate days. Sunday 30th May (Ben Nevis), Monday 31st May (Scafell Pike) and Tuesday 1st June (Snowdon) - what an experience! I managed to get a few decades of the Rosary prayed whilst climbing these three 'Goliaths'.

I shall post a few pictures here, but I'm looking into posting them on a website and linking it here.


I think this is when Ben Nevis started to level off a bit before the massive hike to the summit... but it's still not half way up!


Finally at the summit after a trek of 20 minutes in snow. The pole was sinking 2 feet deep into the snow at some points!

This is my favourite picture taken walking up the second of the three mountains (Scafell Pike)

And finally...

Wales (Snowdon), at its gloomiest and wettest! We (or rather I) got soaked coming down, I was foolish and didn't put my coat on, it wasn't raining there was a lot of moisture in the air...if that makes sense!

Anyway, I'm off to Rome on Monday for a few days rest-bite in the Casa di San Brigida...I will be attending the Papal Audience on the Monday and will listen out for my name!

In Domino

6 comments:

Idle Rambler said...

Good to see you back, and lovely photos. You must be very pleased to have climbed those three 'Goliaths'

Have a good time in Rome - not much snow there at the moment, I should think!

Fr Joseph OP said...

It looks like you've had an incredible time!

Fr Joseph OP said...

It looks like you've had an incredible time!

Catholic Student said...

Miss Ellen. E - It was immense! Pretty good feeling when you reach the summit. (Snowdon is quite surreal as there's a café).

I hope there will be no snow in Rome.

Cath. - It was incredible! Glad to be back home and on flat ground though.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Glad you're back. Pray for us when in Rome. Thanx.

God bless.

Idle Rambler said...

I've tagged you in a meme begun by Mac over at Mulier Fortis. I hope you can find time to join in. See my blog or Mac's for details.