Tuesday 16 February 2010

Lent is...

...well, tomorrow!

I've decided to give a few things up and maybe even take up the odd thing; however I will not tell you dear readers, just in case I fail.

My 'Lent reading' however is something I am quite pleased about; The Imitation of Christ by Thomas à Kempis is one of the books; the other is the Rule of St Benedict. I have yet to read either of them so this shall be most interesting.

Most interesting however is a new prayer book which arrived this morning. I have heard a lot about it and look forward to begin praying with it tomorrow; I shall be using the "The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary" I am rather excited!

Well, I shall leave it there. I'll let you know how I get on with the Little Office.

In Domino

3 comments:

Idle Rambler said...

Lent is . . . 'time for a new blog layout', I would guess! :-) My money's on 'purple'!

Catholic Student said...

You were saying... aha!

Indeed, purple is the colour of the season!

Idle Rambler said...

Shame I didn't have a 'fiver' on it! Mind you, I think it would have been 'an odds on favourite' so I wouldn't have made much of a profit ;-)