Monday 21 December 2009

Crucifix...

you may remember a recent blog post about my need for a crucifix, well it was solved recently during a conversation with a very good priest-friend of mine. Whilst we were having a cup of tea I told the priest in question how I was "in the market" for a crucifix; he then told me that he had one upstairs I could have, he ran off to get it and came back with this:

I had to polish it about but I think it came out quite nicely! I might have to 'go over' the crucifix again but for the time being I am happy.

The crucifix now hangs on one of my bedroom walls, it will be the first thing I see when I rise in the morning; as well as the crucifix I have quite a nice icon that I bought on my trip to Poland:

Our Lady of Częstochowa
pray for us

2 comments:

Idle Rambler said...

I think my earlier comment must have got lost . . . Beautiful Crucifix.

Catholic Student said...

Ah why thank you; I didn't receive a notification telling me of a previous comment...