Thursday 18 March 2010

He's Coming!

I realise I'm a bit late on the pick up, well I found out when we all did, but I haven't posted on it yet.

When I heard that the Holy Father has (unofficially) accepted the invitation of Her Majesty's Government to come to Britain on a state visit I became like a child, quite excited. As I'm only 21 it will be my first experience of a Papal visit. My mother remembers with fond memories when Pope John Paul II visited Cardiff (something which I notice the Pope is not going to be doing).

My mother was banned by the doctor from going to the Mass at Pontcanna fields (she was heavily pregnant and ready to 'drop' at any time). So she was quite annoyed, however providence played its hand and when she was out for one of her daily walks to the shops she was stopped by the police from crossing the road, wondering why, she looked down the road only to be greeted by the sight of the Pope-mobile as His Holiness made his way to the airport – she insists even to this day that John Paul II looked straight at her and blessed her.

Hopefully I will at least go to one of the events organised. It’s just a waiting game now.

In Domino

2 comments:

Idle Rambler said...

It's lovely to have those personalised memories of great occasions like the Pope's visit.

I wonder, was the 'bump' in question you?

Catholic Student said...

Miss. Ellen! That would make me 27/28. The 'bump' in question was my eldest brother.

I agree though, memories like that are priceless.